MARYLAND CUSTOMERS: Act Now! Governor O’Malley’s Budget Calls for 366% Increase to Tobacco Tax!
As your local Maryland tobacconist we need your help now! Contact your Maryland delegate and senator NOW and tell them no new cigar and pipe taxes! Take Action!
Maryland Governor O’Malley is after even more of your tax dollars! His proposed state budget calls for increasing the state tax on cigars and pipe tobacco by 366%! Your local tobacconists are working hard to defeat this tax increase and need your support!
Take action now! Contact your delegates and senators and urge them to oppose any new tobacco taxes!
The IPCPR (International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers Association) has set up an easy to use Legislative Action Alert that will allow you to contact your representatives:
Instructions for using IPCPR Legislative Action Alert:
1. Using your internet browser, go to www.ipcpr.org/legislation.html;
2. Find and double-click on the Maryland Action Alert;
3. When the Action Alert screen opens, enter your 5-digit zip code and click go;
4. As you may be in a split district, you may be prompted for your mailing address. Complete those fields and click go;
5. You will now see the Action Alert message page. Follow the instructions to send your note to your state delegate and senator.
From all of us at Drapers Bethesda, thank you for your support.